Established in 1921 and family owned, Besana Group is today one of the most important company in Europe, for production, processing and marketing of nuts, dried fruit and seeds, natural, processed and chocolate coated.
Unceasing effort and pride in research and innovation are the embodiment of Besana Group’s commitment to excellence. Large annual investments in technological equipment and improvement of product processes are made to guarantee the highest product quality and to fulfill any Customer’s requirement.
* Nearly 100 new products are launched every year.
* Over 300 types and varieties of nuts, dried fruit and seeds are packed.
* Sourcing from 90 suppliers via both hemispheres to guarantee year round supply of the highest quality raw material.
* About 20,000 tons of nuts and dried fruit processed annually.
* More than 85,000,000 small packs produced per year on 30 production lines.
* About 350 highly skilled employees
* Large range of packaging from 15g to 1,000kg flexible or rigid solutions; thermo-formed pots and tubs; pre-printed film; vacuum pack film; net packs; jute bags; glass; wood; ceramics and many more.
* High-technology machinery for food selection and food sanitization: Fumigation, Radio Frequency Pasteurization, Steam Vacuum Pasteurization.
* In-house Chemical and Microbiological Laboratory performing more than 55.000 test/year
* Certificated ISF, BRC, Kosher, SOIL & Organic certifications, Fair Trade, etc. Core business of Besana Group is working for third parties and packing under customer own label (70% Private Labels and 30% Large Food Industries).
Besana Group is today trusted supplier and partner of the top American and European Private Labels, Multiple Retailers, Confectionery and Ice Cream industries.
Today, in addition to the historic head office and primary production plant in Italy (near Naples) the Besana Group incorporates several other sites and commercial offices in Italy and abroad, namely in UK, Germany, Belgium, Brazil and China.
In England, Besana UK Limited is the plant dedicated to serve at the best the multiple retailers throughout Great Britain and Northern Europe. Established in the late ’80 as Distribution Center, Besana UK has now grown and it is actually equipped with advanced packing, pasteurization and state-of-the-Art logistic technology. Thanks to it, Besana Group is winner of the “Long Term Investor Award 2012” given by the British Government for nearly 25 years of Besana activity in United Kingdom.
The marriage between chocolate and nuts has forever been considered a delicacy and today demand is increasing worldwide. Thus Vittoria Chocolatery is the company of Besana Group specialized in chocolate creations. Skilled tradition blended with advanced production processes create sophisticated products for example: almond candies; nut truffles; nut-encrusted bars; engraved bars; Easter eggs; chocolate gifts and much else.
Besana own Brands are: Besana (Traditional & Chocolate), Be-Snack (Innovative products), Almaverde Bio (Organic products – Almaverde Bio is the leading Organic brand in Italy)